- 1 cup Mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp bengal gram dal
- 1 tsp black gram dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or tamarind paste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Wash the mint leaves, drain and keep aside
- Dry roast the bengal gram, black gram and cumin. Add the mint and saute for 2 minutes.
- Place the above ingredients in a blender along with green chillies, ginger, and coconut and grind well
- Add lemon juice or tamarind paste and grind some more.
- To season, pour a tsp of oil in a pan.
- When hot, add mustard, and when it splutters, add red chillies and asafoetida. Pour this on the ground chutney. Stir and serve.
To know more about mint and its health benefits click here