- 4 cups curry leaves
- 1/2 cup red gram
- 1/2 cup split black gram
- 5 dried red chillies
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the curry leaves in a skillet till the leaves are crisp.
- Place them in a mixer and grind them well.
- Dry roast all the other ingredients till the lentils are golden brown and the raw smell goes away.
- Cool the ingredients and add to the curry leaf powder and grind till very fine.
- Store this in an airtight container.
Curry leaves are a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin C, calcium and Iron. They have been used since ancient times as remedy for a lot of ailments. To know more about curry leaves and their health benefits, click here.