- 1 cup green garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp roasted Bengal gram or roasted peanuts peeled
- A small berry sized tamarind
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8th tsp asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and pat dry the green garlic. Chop off the roots and dispose.
- Chop the green garlic roughly.
- Place all the ingredients except mustard seeds in a mixer jar and grind well.
- Temper the chutney. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small pan, add mustard and when it splutters, add the asafoetida. Now add this to the chutney, and serve.
Green garlic contains the same nutrients that garlic has. Garlic has good amounts of manganese, phosphorous and B vitamins. The main element though is allicin, which is a powerful antioxidant. To know more about garlic and its health benefits, click here.